Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My 1997 chevy K1500 suburban isn't getting fuel in the

Customer Question

good morning. my 1997 chevy K1500 suburban isn't getting fuel in the throttle body. I've replaced both the ignition control module and the ignition coil.
It cranks but won't start. It died on me while driving, when I would try to accelerate it would hesitate.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel pump "turns on" when the key is turned, pulled one of the plugs and it's getting spark.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

can you connect a fuel pressure gauge to the test port on the fuel line under the hood near the drivers side of the distributor and see what the key ON engine OFF what is the fuel pressure reading ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It's dark right now and pouring down rain. I'm on the east coast. My cell number is(###) ###-#### Thank you.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

since it has spark we need to be sure the fuel pressure is 60 psi key ON engine OFF with a fuel pressure gauge

if the fuel pressure is good then we will check for an injector pulse with a test light next

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 spark plug wire was checked and there was spark
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok we just need to confirm fuel pressure next

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?