Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cam, I have a 2004 Avalanche. This may simply be

Customer Question

Hi Cam, I have a 2004 Avalanche. This may simply be coincidental information, but I will disclose it anyhow, because of the timing; About a week ago, I pulled into my garage and for the first time ever, scraped the rear passenger side of the truck against the door opening. Nothing major- mostly just paint rubbed off the house onto the plastic passenger rear door handle, that door protector and the rear wheel well plastic. I backed out and parked more carefully.
The next day, I took my truck out, and noticed that the passenger mirror would not fold out (I fold them in to get into the garage as it's narrow). Then, the driver's side mirror stopped folding, and if I tried to fold it in, the mirror itself would fold down, but not the housing. Then, I noticed that the driver's door could not operate anything on the passenger front- lock or window. As well, the passenger door window stopped working, but can lock the rear doors. Also, I just noticed today that even though it doesn'
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Does the remote keyless entry still work or is it inoperative now as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, after changing the battery in the fob, the keyless entry remains non-functional
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

The remote keyless entry, mirror functions, passenger door window and lock functions are all controlled by the passenger door module. This module is part of the passenger door window and lock switch. Make sure PDM fuse is okay first. Try removing the fuse to reset the module. If this does not work then the module (passenger switch assembly) will need to be replaced.