Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2005 chevy Tahoe, to start with it would go into

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chevy Tahoe, to start with it would go into 4wd on its own randomly, was told it was 4wd encoder ring, replaced with a new dorman encoder ring, started vehicle and drove around block and it went into auto,4h,2h,4l. just fine. before I replaced encoder ring it was very hard to get out of 4wd, seemed to be getting worse, had a shop disconnect plug so I could drive until I got it fixed, 2 or 3 days later I went to drive and same as before shifting on its own, I saw that computer needs to be flashed or updated after replacing encoder ring, so took to dealer, they updated computer and told me 4wd was still not working, when I got it back from them after it sat and you started it, 4wd was in auto, push 2wd and it worked, then only 2wd no other position, not even auto4wd, bought a dorman reman. tccm and installed, hooking up 4 wire plug last, then it started out in 2wd only I went a couple of times trying and it went into 4 low and even after putting old tccm in I only have 4 low. right now I have the transfer case control module out, can the motor be tested while it is out, or were would you look next, switch on dash blinks when pushed but 4l is lit
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't bother just refund my money, I already opened a dispute
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

I apologize for any delay on this here as I was not online at the time you had posted the question but I am online now.Is there anything I can do to try and help here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.