Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Brake booster back up motor will not run with pedal

Customer Question

Brake booster back up motor will not run with pedal application
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with the motor itself being seized or damaged needing replaced or an issue with a brake position switch/sensor not signaling the pedal has been activated.This will have to be tested further to pinpoint the component at fault and then once this is done it can be repaired.This may require the IDSS software on a laptop plugged into your model to observe sensor signals to help locate the fault as well as check the fault codes to help locate the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have brack pedal switch signal to ebcm can jumper white signal wire at ecbm to tan wire to relay and motor will run then the motor will shut off when engine is started ebcm is new gm part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bad ebcm??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Was the EBCM programmed to your vehicle at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No have replaced these in the past with no flashing but maybe just got lucky?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My info isn't specific on this model here but some of these do need programmed by a GM dealer or authorized service center in order to operate your model properly.I would check into this and see if this needs done for sure here.

If this is o.k. and the EBCM was already replaced make sure the wiring and wiring connection to the EBCM is o.k. as this can cause this issue as well if there is a fault with the wiring or wiring connections.

Thanks Pete