BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Why does my air bag light stay on in my 2011 chevy

Customer Question

why does my air bag light stay on in my 2011 chevy silverado?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Did the light come on all of a sudden? Has anything been modified recently? Is this the only light that is on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tires came with those air thingys and one broke off and havent replaced it..so I thought it was the air bag light but its the light telling me about the tire monitoring system instead..sorry..anyway..after I got an oil change at the dealers, my check engine light came on..Took it to the same dealer and they said they couldnt find nothing wrong with anything and I had to pay a diagnositic fee of 95 dollars..so I did...then they said maybe possibly it could be the transmission and they wanted to charge me another 95 dollars to pull the pan off of the transmission. I said no..I think it has to do with the oil change they did 2 days prior. what do you think?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Did they happen to give you the code number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think it said 5170 but Im not sure..
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

That would not be a valid code for this vehicle. Without knowing the code it is hard to tell what it may need to fix it. If you have the truck then you can take it to one of your local auto parts stores and have them scan the computer for you. Most of them will scan it for free and give you the codes. If you can have this done and bring them to me I can tell you what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Bobby.. :-)
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Let me know if you need any further help. Have a great rest of your night.