sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Why would it be bouncing and sound air is leaking from the

Customer Question

why would it be bouncing and sound air is leaking from the rear of the suburban
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming that you have air suspension and the bouncing is when going over bumps. If it's bouncing excessively and you hear what sounds like air leaking then you almost certainly have a leak in the rear air suspension components. It could be a damaged line or one of the shocks themselves may be leaking.

The first thing you'll want to do is a visual inspection of the rear shocks and lines looking for damage. If you don't see any visible issues then while the compressor is running you can use a solution of soapy water in a spray bottle to spray the component and look for bubbles which will show the source of the leak. If the leak is large enough that you can hear it then it shouldn't be hard to locate.