AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

2004 silverado brake problem

Customer Question

2004 silverado brake problem
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

what is the problem you are having ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
brake lines failed, replaced all lines and hoses, had dealer bleed brake system still have major brake fade and service brake system displayed.
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

by brake fade, do you mean that your brake pedal is normal height but the truck just doesn't want to stop, or is your pedal lacking pressure and going to the floor when you push it? Or is your brake pedal spongy and builds up pressure if you pump the brake pedal rapidly?

I'm sure you have double and even triple checked that there are no leaks on any of your flare fittings?

I look for ward to hearing back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lacking peasure and going to the floor.
Yes,checked for leaks.

Ok. Based on all the information provided, It sounds to me like a bad master cylinder.

unless it's your abs pump activating due to a bad hub or wheel speed sensor which is pretty common on those trucks but if that were the case the brake pedal would pulsate and you would hear the pump activate and usually happens coming to a stop when out get down to around 10mph.

Have you gotten the problem taken care of?

If I have answered your question, please don't forget to click accept and rate my service. Your money was put into a deposit account and I don't get paid until you do. It is always free to follow up with me regarding this issue even after rating my service. If you need further assistance, please feel free to ask.