Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

My outside temperature gauge is stuck on 68 on my impala

Customer Question

My outside temperature gauge is stuck on 68 on my impala 2010
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...

When the outside temp is not working or is displaying incorrectly, this is commonly due to a faulty Ambient Air Temp Sensor. It's located under the hood, just above and behind the front grill (click here for an image). Caarefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Make sure the sensor is clean and there is no excessive build-up or debris. If the visual inspection checks ok, replace the Ambient Air Temp Sensor. Please remember to leave a rating using the star rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..