C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

2010 Chevy cobalt P0973 wont shift in to overdrive

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.

1.Check for a chafed or grounded Light Green wire in the transaxle harness.
2. If ok, confirm the TRANS fuse has power on both sides.
3. Check the Light Green wire that runs from terminal A at the transaxle to terminal 2 at the Transmission Control Module (TCM) for shorts to ground and for high resistance.
4. Check the resistance of the 1-2 shift solenoid between terminals A and E on the transaxle. There should be 19-31 ohms.

You have a break in the wire the above are the most common spots and best way to test.

Right near the oil filter housing the green wire is most common place to get a rub through or corrosion. This can happen from oil changes getting jammed a few times than you have a small bare spot that shorts out and causing the current problem your having now. If you can get a good light get under neath the car and inspect the wiring right near the oil filter housing. You will be looking for a small green wire within a bunch of wires. THis is the one we need to inspect for a problem.

Let me know if you have any questions or need additional help. If you would like I can do a phone call request and explain it more. Just let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0700p1682 u0101 p0973 are the rest of the codes. I looked on the harness all the way couldn't find anything. Fuse has power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me a diagram of the points I need to check for resistance.

At key off, check the resistance between pin 6 and pin 14 of the DLC. A correct value will be 60.0 ohms +/- 10 ohms. If the resistance is correct, start at the Electronic Power Steering Control Module disconnect and bypass the module, then recheck for communications on the TECH2 CANdi module. If communications are restored, replace the Power Steering Control Module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to need to know which ones are pin 6 and 14 diagram? And what's the DLC

Its the data link connector. I have loaded both diagrams you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Terminal a transaxles Barnes and terminal 2 tcm. Diagram? A and e

Yes sir.