C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

Anti theft system won't allow me to turn truck on.2003

Customer Question

Anti theft system won't allow me to turn truck on.2003 Chevrolet Silverado
Category: Chevy
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, have you tried doing the 30 minute relearn yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No where do I do that at,?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoxTzQ4OfMk 1. Insert ignition key and turn to the “ON” position. Do not attempt to start the engine. Leave the key in the “ON” position for approximately 11 minutes. The security light will be steady on or flashing for the 11-minute period. Do not proceed to Step 2 until the security light turns off or stops flashing. 2. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds. 3. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position as in Step 1 for 11 minutes. 4. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds. 5. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position as in Step 1 for 11 minutes for a third time. 6. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for 30 seconds for a third time. 7. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position for 30 seconds. 8. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position. 9. Attempt to start the engine. If the engine starts and runs, the relearn is complete.

Let me know if you need anything else. I am here to make sure your problem gets solved. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery is dead. Might be something else wrong?

Doing the relearn can drain the battery down. You have to make sure the battery is fully charged before attempting the relearn.