Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

I have a 2009 chevrolet express 3500 with duramax. I changed

Customer Question

I have a 2009 chevrolet express 3500 with duramax. I changed the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank. I used the lift pump on the frame rail to empty the fuel out of tank. It would pump about 2 gallans then stop. it would restart when I switched the key on/off. I did this a few times and then the pump would not come on. I replaced the pump with an ac delco and still does not work. the20amp fuse under hood looks ok
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuel pump not working
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Honestly you'll need a scan tool to check for codes because the engine control module determine when to turn the pump on. When it turn it on it will only run for a maximum of 2 minutes before shutting off the. You'll have to turn the key off then back on to start it again. If it detect a weak batter or faults in the supply pump it will shut it down until it's fixed. I hope this helps, replace give a positive rating and reply back anyone questions. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery is good. No fault codes stored. Does not have power at the fuse. switched relays-did not help.
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. The last thing you will need is a scan tool that show engine control module data to see if when the key is turned on does the ECM see the ignition switch status showing on or run position, if it don't you need to look at an ignition switch, if it shows the correct position look in the data to see if it's commanding the relay on, if it is but you have no power to the fuse then you have a wiring problem from the ecm to the relay, if it's not turning on the replay you need a new exam.

Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but at the end of that last sentence I mean a new ECM not exam.