Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I need help with a Equinox that was suffering from the known

Customer Question

hello i need help with a Equinox that was suffering from the known Direct Injenction Fuel Pump Issue gas smell in oil ,, so here it goes the car ran with issues , Timing Chain was already changed a time ago by previous owner ,, so the new owner came to me with the fuel pump issue ,, i decided to change timing chain also with gears and evrything -- i got my hands on FSM for the TIMINNG procedures ,, so after i installed evrything the car started for like 4, 5 seconds than shut off and again i tried it to start it , it started again , but shut off ,, than after that it wanted to started after several tries but didnt start ,,
so my Question is are there any prodcydures to follow after replacing the Timing chain and high pressure fuel pump , i dont think i did anything wrong regarding bended valves,, DIY/part time Mechanic ,
parts used were
OEM NEW HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP
PCI TIMING KIT
DORMAN CAM SPROCKETS
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Do you have a security light on? It sounds like it may be in theft mode to me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
security light ??,, theft mode ?? mm never heard of it where is it suppose to blink ,
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Turn key on and see if you have a lock or a security light on dash

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no Sam , No theft mode , just verified , evrything seems fine in the cluster
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Ok. For some reason your fuel pump is jot running. Can you cycle key 3 or 4 times and get to start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i took evrything off reinstalled evrything back ,, togetherr i can turn engine good by hand ,,, again tried to start nothing ,,like 4 to 6 times . ? i decided to take the valve covers off to check timing , what i realise is that the colors on the chain does not match perfectly on the arrows on the Sprockets could bee that an issue or does the chain color travel during rotation and change position ? ,,
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Yes the chain colors move while engine is running.