BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have an impala that was running fine this morning. When we

Customer Question

I have an impala that was running fine this morning. When we went to go to lunch the car would not turn over. I have cleaned battery posts, checked starter fuses and the relays. the relay is not getting the power to engage. Jumped the relay the starter system works fine. The security light is not on. Any ideas where to go from here.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Do you happen to have a voltage meter? Can you check and see if it will start in neutral?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a volt meter and i did try the neutral starts several times while trouble shooting
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It may be the ignition switch. One quick check is to see if the IGN fuses have power under the hood in the fuse box when the key is on. Also, can you tell me what the battery voltage reading is and what that reading does when you try cranking the engine. Will the check engine light come on when the key is turned on?