Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado. When driving on the ghway

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado. When driving on the highway over 45 mph, I hear a humming noise when I take my foot off the accelerator. It sounds like it may be coming from the rear of the truck but I believe I can feel some vibration under the driver seat? Any idea?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

most of the time when you hear a noise or feel a vibration when you let off the gas there is a bearing or issue inside the transfer case and or rear axle

usually the best action to find out which it is would be to run the truck up in the air and listen for the noise

usually you can hear it and pin point it to know if its a bearing inside the rear axle or transfer case

the odds are there is a pinion bearing or axle bearing starting to fail or possibly a u-joint

but most of these with this kind of noise are in the rear axle

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?