Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My 95 blazer just randomly stopped starting up the other

Customer Question

My 95 blazer just randomly stopped starting up the other day. I went out to start it and it would crank but it sounded like it was just spinning. The fuel pump just got replaced a few months ago so I doubt that's the problem but I don't know what's going on. I honestly don't want to put any more money into the car but if it's a small and inexpensive problem then I will get it fixed. I'm not very good with cars so I don't know even what the problem could be.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

do you have a test light on hand ?

starting fluid or a can of carburetor cleaner on hand ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have either of those.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if this engine is physically cranking over and not firing up the engine is missing spark due to a bad cap and rotor or coil ) or fuel ( bad fuel pump ) or compression ( timing chain failure )

the most common issue is bad fuel pumps which a quick fuel pressure test would tell us or the shop if the fuel pump is bad or defective or the wiring connection at the fuel pump is bad

so in a nut shell we need to see which of the 3 we are missing to know what is wrong

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will try and get that stuff so I can see what's wrong. But if I just had the fuel pump replaced a few months ago it shouldn't already be going bad should it?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

no it should not go bad if it was recently replaced but like i said it could be the connector to the pump or defective is we have low or no fuel pressure

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?