Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 silverado 1500 4wd ex cab. It has drum brakes

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 silverado 1500 4wd ex cab. It has drum brakes in the rear. I am converting the rear to disk brakes. I'm putting a 14 bolt out of a 2500hd in the rear and front spindles and brakes from the 2500hd in the front. Is there a proportioning valve I need to change?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Thats a tough one to answer being your altering the vehicle. The correct way to know is via hydraulic fluid pressure testing at the front and rear to see if more pressure is getting to the front brakes as it should be. It may be best to try it and see how it acts prior to changing more parts.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris