BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado that has a PO 300 Random

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado that has a PO 300 Random multiple misfires. Under heavy acceleration there is a large amount of spark knock and it light throttle there is a heavy amount of spark knock. Replaced intake gaskets clean intake throttlebody fuel injection cleaning several times running 93 octane nothing helps. Check feel pressure and it is proper. Has a clean fuel filter. And when climbing hills and the transmission drops and a third gear at about 2200 RPM the check engine light starts flashing. This is the only RPM range that it does that It has to be under a load like described above any help would be great.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if this came on all of a sudden or was it gradual? What is your fuel pressure reading? Does your scan tool read live engine data?