Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

REPAIR SHOP. SECOND 2012 DURAMAX. AFTER REPLACING BOTH NOX

Customer Question

I AM INDEPENDANT REPAIR SHOP. THIS IS MY SECOND 2012 DURAMAX. AFTER REPLACING BOTH NOX SENSORS. NOX 1 WAS -100 AND NOX 2 WAS 1800. NOW READING CORRECTLY. NOX 2 70% OF NOX 1. BOTH DROP TO 0 ON DECEL. DID SYSTEM DATA RESET AND SYSTEM RESET WITH VIRUS. PASSED QUALITY TEST, TEST DROVE 50 MILES. DIC STILL SAYS SERVICE EXHAUST FLUID SYSTEM AND IN 65 MPH LIMIT. FLUID IS NEW AND FULL.
TRYING NOW TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PRESSURE THE DEF INJECTOR AND SPRAY TO VERIFY THE 3 SPRAY PATTERNS WITH THE VIRUS. I CAN PRESSURE AND ACTIVATE THE INJECTOR 1 AT A TIME NOT BOTH
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure the DEF fluid level reads correctly with a scan tool.I have seen issues before with the DEF fluid tank level sensor sending an incorrect usually empty signal that will cause this fault here.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It reads 100% full with the scan tool. All 3 sensors say active. It was just filled so we can verify the level.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,unfortunately I don't have a procedure on how to pressure and activate the DEF injector myself but someone else here may know a procedure for this.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete