Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

2005 express. Left signal not working, new bulb. Front

Customer Question

2005 express. Left signal not working, new bulb. Front works, flashes fast. Metered spade on LR connector, no current at make (forward) terminal. Now what? Fuse is good.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

Probe the wiring going into the socket. The sockets are very prone to failure on these vans, I usually check the wiring going into the socket and find that there is power at the wiring, but it's not following through into the socket itself. I have replaced a lot of sockets in Express vans for these symptoms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have used a meter to probe the socket input. No current. I also traced the line to just above the seatbelt & no damage in the cargo area. Still nothing.

Stop light on the left side is also inop, correct?

You say fuse is good. I need to verify: do you have power across both sides of the LR STOP/TURN fuse? Use a test light, see that there is actually power present at both sides of the fuse with the turn signal ON.