GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.
70078276

I have an annoying ticking coming from the left side under

Customer Question

I have an annoying ticking coming from the left side under the dashboard of my 2008 Chevy Impala...it randomly makes this noise whether or not I am driving. I can be sitting in the house and all of sudden it starts ticking...very annoying!! I just want to know how to get to this part to take it out? I have someone who can do this but he needs to know where to start. You can feel it when you rest your hand on the dash right above the steering wheel.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.

I have had heater actuators cause this problem.

The heater system does a re-calibration on the actuator when you shut it off. When the actuator can't zero themselves they start to tick or knock.

If you look up by the gas pedal you can see the temp actuator. When you hear the noise you should see it clicking.

If so need to replace the actuator.

Just make sure the noise is coming from the actuator. There is three more on the left side (passenger side)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We know where and what the noise is...we need to know how to get to the part so we can change it.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.

Ok

What are you changing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We would just like to know how to disassemble underneath in order to get to the actuator that needs to be replaced. My boyfriends cousin knows how to change the part...we just need to know how to dismantle under the the dashboard on the driver's side.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link

A picture and instructions

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jbe5owa8jwghi5v/AABXpu53ZKh5MgsWdKREsufIa?dl=0

Let me know if this is what your looking for

Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.

Was this helpful?

If not let me know so I can help.