BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have 2009 chevy impala won't start 't click. But light

Customer Question

I have 2009 chevy impala won't start don't click. But light comes on,,,a wire in the starter has no fire going to it when I tested it with a tester
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if you are using a voltage meter? Are there any warning lights illuminated on the dash when you try starting it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No clicking no check engine light on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a good time to contact you tomorrow
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

I will be online at different times throughout the day. It sounds like the ignition switch might be failing. If you can access the rear of te ignition switch I can tell you how to test it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you access the back of the ignition and how do you test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have access the back of the ignition how do you check it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bobbyss you there
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

With everything connected check the voltages at the back of the connector. Make sure that the red/white wire has battery voltage with the key off. Then turn the key to run and make sure that the other cored wires have battery voltage. If not replace the switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok red /white wire has voltage..solid pink wire has voltage when switch on.the brown wire has voltage when switch on..yellow wire has voltage when switch off,,yellow/black has no voltage either on or off
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Does the IGN relay under the hood click when you try starting it? If it does please check the voltage at all of the fuses labelled BATT, IGN, and ECM under the hood