Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I need to unlock radio on 2000 cav

Customer Question

I need to unlock radio on 2000 cav
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you checked the 6 digit scrambled code by pressing/holding the 2 and 3 buttons for 6 seconds? If not, do that and let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Held 2&3 for 6-10 secs nothing
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

With the radio showing LOC press the 2 and 3 preset buttons for 5 seconds. It should then display 3 digits, write them down. Then press the AM-FM button and it will display three more digits to complete the code.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If that doesn't work, disconnect battery for 10 seconds and touch cables together to reset memory. Then try again, but it should be displaying 6 digit code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Holding 2&3 did not work
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your only option at this point is bringing to dealership. I'll open question up to see if someone else has some other opinions without bringing to dealership. Please do not leave me a negative rating for the bad news, you can still get a refund without leaving a negative rating. Someone else will reply if they can help, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You tried I'll agree to $5 dep. & consult a dealer