Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

No power 04 Silverado Duramax 2500HD P0676 P1003

Customer Question

No power
04 Silverado Duramax 2500HD
P0676
P1003
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The second code should have been P1093
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

The P0676 is a glow plug code for glow plug 6. This will not cause a lack of power.

The P1093 is low rail pressure which could be caused by a couple of things. First I would try changing your fuel filter.

Do you have access to a scanner that can monitor manufacturer data? Not a code reader

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a scanner,only a code reader.
The fuel filter was changed about two weeks ago.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

my concern is the high pressure fuel pump. It is an expensive part to not verify a couple of things.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.