sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2003 Chevrolet Impala with a 3800 V6 when you start

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Chevrolet Impala with a 3800 V6 when you start the car up the message center starts cycling itself and keep doing it continuously until the car is shut off
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Thi would almost certainly be a failure within the message center itself.

Have you tried a battery disconnect?

Did the problem start after a jump start, repair, accident, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a small used car dealer , I purchased it at a auction so I don't know the history other than , I replaced the right fender head light and the front bumper ,and I have over 25 years in the body shop and mechanic field .the battery was taken out so it was disconnected and replaced .the parts were replace due to a accident . and also the ac comes on and then turns off after a couple of seconds if that has thing to do with the problem ???

The a/c should be unrelated. If the message center does power up and work then you know it's powers and grounds are ok, if it continues to cycle in some way but not display correctly then it will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the message center control box or the part that needs to be replaced. where is it located in the instrument cluster ?? I have had many of those impalas and that is the first one with that problem. is that fairly common

The part that needs to be replaced is the information center, the item that you've having a problem with. It's not common but does happen once in a while.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the information center located

It's the component that you said isn't working correctly.