mike
mike, tech
Experience:  30 years of self employed vehicle diagnostic & repair
9261905

Turned key to start, everything in cab went dead, dropped

Customer Question

turned key to start, everything in cab went dead, dropped column, new ign. switch,
turned key on, everything in cab came on, radio etc. turned key to start, went dead again. no power in cab.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
haven't checked anything else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ps, standard trans. switch up on clutch pedal. depress pedal to start. turned key to start, went dead again.
don't know if that switch would kill everything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like I get no help here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
83 years old, and just got conned out of 5 bucks for nothing..
Expert:  mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello - Welcome..

My name is***** see you have not had a reply as yet - we can get very busy from time to time Im afraid.

With this issue you have - go to the car battery and remove the battery cables - off the battery. ( First take the keys out the car )

Then clean up the battery terminals fully AND the insides of the cable clamps... check them too for any damage - and check the cables are attached firmly to the clamps... wiggle to test..

Reattach to the battery - Check the connections on the earth / ground circuit - follow the cable form the battery to where it connects to the ground point - and then too - the cable that connects the body to the engine - ground - check those points - clean up / renew as needed... and re try. You should find this works.

Too - ensure the actual battery is good in itself...

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this.. I will be off now for several hours but will come back to you if you need...

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE