Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

06 2500 hd Silverado four wheel bottoms on dash do wat they

Customer Question

06 2500 hd Silverado four wheel bottoms on dash do wat they want to some times on 2 wheel other times in nuteral or n 4 low but nothn is engaged but if I need 4wheel drive it won't engage either can u help already replaced the bottons ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Is the service 4wd light on? Do you have a scan tool or voltmeter and test light? I can help you figure it out but it may be easier talking live or we can message back and forth if you like. The most common problem is bad encoder motor or the wires harness rubbing the front drive shaft. Reply back if you need more help and also please give a positive rating. Thanks