Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I have a 2002 chevy cavalier. I had 2 new front tires put on

Customer Question

I have a 2002 chevy cavalier. I had 2 new front tires put on the front and shortly after that my ABS light came on. A few day later when I started my car all gauges were working but as soon as I put it in drive and start moving forward my gauges stop working and all my warning lights come on. When I come to a stop my gauges will work again and some of the lights go out until I start moving forward. Also my blower motor and wipers sloe down. I hear a clicking noise coming from the fuse panel on the side of the dash. What could it be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This actually sounds like it could be a charging system issue. At higher speeds if the alternator isn't working it may cause the symptoms and cause things like the blower and wipers to work slowly. I would have a parts store check the charging system on the car. Under load with the wipers, blower and headlights on it should put out 14.2-15.2 volts. Anything less indicates a problem and it should be replaced.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?