Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2002 silverrado pickup. I have a po304 trouble code

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...
There are a few different things that can cause a single-cylinder misfire. This can be the case of a worn spark plug, a worn distributor cap/rotor, a worn plug wire, a faulty or clogged fuel injector, an intake air leak around the effected cylinder, low cylinder compression, etc. More commonly on this vehicle will be a spark plug, cap/rotor, wire or injector issue, so this would be the best place to start. Remove the spark plug and inspect it for any problems like cracks in the body and/or a worn diode. If there are any doubts, replace all the spark plugs. If the plugs looks ok, inspect the plug wire for any signs of wear or "rubbed-through" spots. Remove the distributor cap and check the underside of the cap for aany cracks or worn contacts. Inspect the rotor for signs of burn marks or wear. If there are any doubts, replace wires, cap and rotor. If these all check ok, then the fuel injectors will need to be tested. On this vehicle, the fuel injectors are built into the fuel meter body (aka "Spider Injector") so to test them will require the use of some special tools. If the injectors test ok, then an intake air leak test and ultimately and cylinder compression test will need to be done. Like I say though, more commonly, plug, wire, cap, rotor and injector (usually in that order). Please remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..