BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2003 avalanche. getting spark and fuel. changed plugs, wires

Customer Question

2003 avalanche. getting spark and fuel. changed plugs, wires and now crank shaft sensor since it was a weak spark. it died when I was driving Thursday. towed it home. removed O2 sensors to see if it was a plugged catalittic convertor.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after checking for plug cat. convertor, I tried starting fluid in the in air intake and got it to start. I drove it to Auto Zone to read codes but their computer didn't read chevy trucks they said after plugging it in. It turned off the engine light so Oreilly's couldn't read anything. when I got home it died again and couldn't get it to start again. That's when I changed plugs, wires and crankshaft sensor. starting fluid does nothing.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Is the truck still showing spark? Is the check engine light coming on when the key is turned on? Does the security light come on when cranking the engine?