Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My low beams are 't work on my 2004 Impala. Bulbs look good

Customer Question

Hi, my low beams are don't work on my 2004 Impala. Bulbs look good and fuse in engine compartment is good.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

when clicking from high to low beam will the high beam indicator light up on high beam then turn off when you select low beam ( even though the low beams do not work ) ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When clicking from low to high beam the high beam indicator and lights will go on.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

can you put the headlights on low beam and with the car on at either front low beam bulb connector see if the orange wire is 12 volts and see if the dark blue is a good ground ? then click to high beams will the dark blue ground go away ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry this is beyond my expertise. I will take my car to a mechanic. Thank you.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the odds are if the bulbs are confirmed good and getting 12 volts from the orange wire that the dark blue wire is not going to be a ground which is usually caused by a bad dimmer switch built into the turn signal switch assembly not clicking over the ground out of the dark blue wire to power up the low beams

and usually replacing that switch will correct this problem

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

keep in mind you can always get me back through this post for FREE for any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer !