Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Replace theliftgate motor assembly, the electric gate

Customer Question

Replace theliftgate motor assembly, the electric gate latch.the lift gate will open but not close. Seems like it get stuck orjamed
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the linkage from the motor to the door as well as the hinges for any damage or corrosion that may be causing this fault here.If a fault is found with any of these here the fault will need corrected to resolve this issue.If this is checked and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Motor assembly is new. there is no corrosion or damage to the hinges.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Have you had the fault codes checked in all computers at all to see what codes are set?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no fault codes showing up on the display,
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is this with the codes being checked using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no codes were displayed from connecting to port under steering column.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Was a scan tool used that can communicate with all computers as some scan tools will only read engine and transmission codes?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just one that reads engine codes. I do not own one that reads all computers. Can these readers be rented from somewhere ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

In some cases these can be rented from a local parts store and in other cases a local parts store may be able to plug in their scan tool to check these codes if you bring the vehicle to them.