Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2002 5.3 flex Suburban 4x4 - with 93k The intake is

Customer Question

I have a 2002 5.3 flex Suburban 4x4 - with 93k The intake is making a fluttering / vibration that kicks in qt 1,500 rpm? I haven't clue whats wrong with it - It also has a rough idle
Are there moving parts in the intake? It sounds like a stuck solenoid but way louder!! any ideas??
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not anywhere is the serpentine system - Not the fan clutch - Not the exhaust shroud
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

What you are describing is a faulty IAC (idle air control) valve. This is located at the throttle body. It has a pintle on the end that when it sticks will create this type noise/vibration and will cause a rough or erratic idle. I have uploaded a diagram of its location. You will need to replace it

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks