Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2000 chevy 3500 with 454 old body style and my ECM1

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2000 chevy 3500 with 454 old body style and my ECM1 fuse pops when I drive down the road. If I replace it the truck will start again and I can go several more miles before it does it again. any suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

the big problem with that fuse is it powers may things under the hood and narrowing it down can be very challenging

usually if you have to drive it and it will blow is 90 % of the time one of the pink wires shorting to ground

as for which one is the challenging part

the pink wire powers all the fuel injectors and the crank sensor and the ignition coil and the ignition module and powers the computer

the best action to take is you need to do a very good visual on the pink wires from the crank sensor and the coil and the ignition module and see if any of those pink wires are cut or shirting to ground and also the pink wires to the fuel injectors

if nothing is found then it is best to move one wiring harness at a time and zip tie it to a different location from where it was originally located like 1/2 inch to the right or left and see if the fuse stops blowing if a harness you move and the fuse stops blowing then either leave the harness where it was zip tied too or you need to pull apart the harness and see where the pink wire is shorting to ground

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

here is the electrical on that fuse