Bandit
Bandit, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  I work for a local auto repair facility for the last 12 years and grew up as a gear head love what i do as a job and hobby
43712862

The battery died and we were able to jump it off, but now my

Customer Question

The battery died and we were able to jump it off, but now my check engine light is on and my tire pressure display is blank. Will this reset?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bandit replied 1 year ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** u for using our site, remember i can not touch hear feel smell the vehicle or diagnose in person i can only go off what u tell me, now i see u had to jump start your vehicle, did the check engine light come on directly after u jumpstarted the vehicle?

Expert:  Bandit replied 1 year ago.

as far as your tire pressure monitoring system u will need to do a tire pressure relearn procedure.

Expert:  Bandit replied 1 year ago.

1. Use GDS 2 software or the driver information center buttons (refer to owner's manual) to initiate the Tire Pressure Sensors Learn mode.

2. Set the park brake.

3. Key On Engine Off (KOEO).

4. Use the MENU button to select the Vehicle Information Menu in the Driver Information Center (DIC). Use arrow keys to scroll to the Tire Pressure screen.

5. Press the SET/CLR button to begin the sensor matching process. A message requesting acceptance of the process should display.

6. Press the SET/CLR button again to confirm the selection. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displays on the DIC screen.

7. Start at the driver side front tire.

8. Place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Press the button to activate the TPMS sensor. A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.

9. Move to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 8.

10. Move to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 8.

11. Move to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 8. The horn sounds two times to indicate the sensor identification code has been matched to the driver side rear tire, and the TPMS sensor matching process is no longer active. The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message on the DIC display screen goes off.

12. Key OFF.

13. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the Tire and Loading Information label.

Expert:  Bandit replied 1 year ago.

u may have to have a tire shop or dealer do the relearn because a special tool is required.