Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2008 Chevy Aveo 1.6L 4 cylinder. I have a code

Customer Question

Hi, i have a 2008 Chevy Aveo 1.6L 4 cylinder. I have a code P0315 Crankshaft Position (CKP) System Variation Not Learned. I went to perform the CKP Relearn Test with our Snap on modis ultra scan tool and when i went into the test it said warning you will have to press throttle all the way wide open possibly 3 to 5 times. I hit continue and then it said hold brake, set park brake, make sure AC is off. I performed all of those steps and when i hit continue to move on it took mew right out of the test completely.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Try the steps again, you may of not done them within the allowed time limit. If it still fails to relearn then there is something else going one preventing the steps to follow in the relearn to be noticed by the computer as completed.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris