Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a chevy Silverado 1500 2007 and wonder if you can

Customer Question

I have a chevy Silverado 1500 2007 and wonder if you can remove gasoline engine and put diesel engine in?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
You can, but you will also need the ECM and engine wiring harness from the diesel, the wiring harness for the fuel delivery system, as well as the fuel tank, pump, lines and filter from the diesel. And will also need the radiator and cooling lines from the diesel as they are different setups. It is not just a matter of swapping engines. Unless you can find a donor vehicle really cheap, honestly it is cheaper just to sell your truck and buy a diesel pickup.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks