Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

2011 duramax 6.6 lml, Engine quit replaced fuel injection

Customer Question

2011 duramax 6.6 lml, Engine quit replaced fuel injection pump and now have no pulse to injectors
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Do you have a water in fuel light on? Which pump did you replace? In tank?

Did you bleed lines?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put a new fuel filter and there's no water in the fuel. This model truck has no pump in the tank. The high-pressure fuel injection pump is what I replaced down in the valley.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Did you bleed the lines?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lines are bleed and I have fuel to the injectors
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a security light on? I attached a security relearn. If you have a solid security light start here.

Can you monitor data on a scanner while cranking? Do you show RPM when cranking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No rpm while cranking. I did not have a scan tool
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a security light on? If there is no security light on and no rpm when cranking I would suspect the crank sensor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, how do i fix the crank senser. is the a learn procedure?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

No learn procedure. It is behind the crank pulley

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.