Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I pulled p0756

Customer Question

i pulled p0756
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** year, model, make, and engine size of vehicle? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 Chevy trailblazer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tranny is revving high when driving it says shift solonoids not on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not shifting into gear in drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It drives but revs at high rpm when going up hill and only shifts when it wants to
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
This is somewhat of a generic code, it basically means transmission is not shifting correctly but not an electrical problem. With that said it is either worn clutches or sticking valve body. Your options are to pull apart valve body and clean, replace valve body, or replace transmission. If transmission is not full of clutch debris cleaning/replacing valve body will probably be enough to fix problem. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Y full of crap u only been a mechanic for 2 years shift solenoid is wat is not going on
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What is saying shift solenoid is not on?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This code sets when the PCM detected the resulting gear ratio was 0.69:1-1.14:1 for 1 second​. If problem was solenoid related you would have a different code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Why do you say problem is solenoid related? I want to help and don't want you to be upset, we just need to get on the same page. Thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtu0g2j30o3s7sa/p0756.pdf?dl=0

-

Here is information from manual on this code also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because the car drives but the code reads shit solenoid not on I have to drop it in second to actually get up a hill without it revving at high rpms
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The generic title of code is "2-3 Shift Solenoid Performance " but if you look into the actual details of code, it does not relate to the solenoid itself. Your best option would be to buy a remanufactured valve body and install yourself, you can find a cheap one on ebay. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.