Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Service engine soon light is on. Codes C0222, C0226 & C0265

Customer Question

Service engine soon light is on. Codes C0222, C0226 & C0265 show up on scan tool. No ABS light Where do I start troubleshooting?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 1 year ago.

hello and welcome!

CXXXX codes are chassis codes, ABS codes.

The ABS light is not on these codes can be ignored.

C0222, RF Wheel speed sensor,

C0226, LF Wheel speed sensor

C0265, Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) relay. The EBCM relay is internal to the control module.

If you want to diagnose the Service engine soon light. (SES) You will need to pull codes from the engine control module.

Powertrain codes are PXXXX codes.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Do you still need assistance with this? None of the codes you have listed will cause a check engine light

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran the codes again and came up with the same codes as before and had them erased with the scan tool. The Service engine soon light is now off. I wonder if the service engine soon light and the check engine light are the same light on a 99 Silverado? I will drive the car until the light comes on again and I'll have the codes pulled one more time.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The service engine soon or check engine is just terminology for the same light.They have been called both over the years and you just never know which car has which.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.