BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2015 chevy equinox and I am trying to install a

Customer Question

I have a 2015 chevy equinox and I am trying to install a rearview camera. I have the camera installed and it is receiving power. I am trying to install the mirror with the monitor. I found a good ground but am having a hard time finding a constant 9v supply
besides the cabin lights. Can you tell me which wire to try?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if you are planning on running the wire into the dash or are you hoping to splice into something in the overhead console?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am hoping to splice it into something in the overhead console if possible.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Unfortunately there is no good supply wires up the besides the lights which I would not recommend using. I would recommend fishing a wire through the console and running it down the pillar on the driver or passenger side as you will have plenty of good wiring under the dash to use.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, so if i run it down the pillar what is the closest and best wire to splice into?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

On the driver side under the side cover of the dash is the fuse panel. There should be several epmty fuse slots. Use a voltage meter to indetify which ones have voltage as several of them should.