Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My left hand tank is not working. I have replaced the fuel

Customer Question

My left hand tank is not working. I have replaced the fuel pump switch on dash .as soon as you switch tanks the truck shutsoff
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gas gauge works.there is about 5 gallons of gas in tank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Can you hear the fuel pump running in that tank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can.Just replaced fuel pump relay.I thought I would take line off where the 2 lines merge to find out if there is good pressure there.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

There is not a switch over valve like the old systems. I would suspect that your pump is bad. Yes I would start with checking pressure on the tank that doesn't work

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You were wrong there is a fuel selector valve.I change it and I am running.It was 73.00 at Advanced autoI