Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I´m Detlev from Germany.i Bought a 2000 expréss 1500 a few

Customer Question

Hi Dave,
i´m Detlev from Germany.i Bought a 2000 expréss 1500 a few months ago.Within the last time a changed the car into an RV successfully.
After filling the AC air came just out of the windscreen vents. i Read your Information about this and i Found the missed hose from the Reservoir. Ist still working after that.
But i found a Kind of wave under the Body on the right which is in the line of ac to back.this one Needs Vakuum to, but it´s not installed. do you have any idea where this is for and how to connect. Maybe this one is resp. for my rear AC Problem.after fillng the whole System rear air isn´t cold.
Thank for your help in advance. best regards ***** *****
detlev
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Is there any way you can take a photo of what you are referring to as I am not clear on what you are referring to.
Also, the 17 digit vin number would help. I dont believe the rear air uses vacuum, but I want to make sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi eric.
i took some pics of it. it is located on the right under the Body in the line of front pass. seat.
It is installed in one ofe the rear ac lines.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh i Forget the VIn it´s 1GBFG15R4X1016973
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Are you sure that is on an ac line and not a coolant line going to the rear heater core?
That looks more like a heater control valve, in which case the vacuum line should go to the rear heater control panel
I will research into it this morning and let you know what I find
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just looked for a second time. There are 3 Pipes going to rear AC on the right side and one on the left.This one Comes from the compressor.
So on the right we have 2 from the Heater and one from the AC.
Maybe the Valve is the Heaters Line.
But i´m still interested to know how this works and where to connect.
My Front ACis working well, but rear doesn´t-
Do you have any idea about this Problem.is it possible to check the rear Expansion Valve ?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI
I am still trying to find a routing diagram.
In the meantime, use a manual vacuum gage/pump and apply around 15-17Hg vacuum to the vacuum line at the heater control valve and see if the ac for the rear works. The control valve may be defaulted to open so you get hot air even with ac on. This will either verify or eliminate this as the cause of no rear ac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,the heater cotrol Valve, the one behind the Firewall is working.
i dont know about the function of the one under the body
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
You want to hook a hand held mechanical vacuum gage to the one under the body and apply 15-17Hg to it and then check to see if the ac is blowing cold in the rear.
If it does blow cold, then we know the ac is actually fine.
The line goes from the heater control valve to the rear heater control. So if it is disconnected you will need to trace it that control and find where it is disconnected/broken and repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what i want to known is: What is the Function of this part and where do i have to connect the vacline??
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
It controls flow the to the rear heater core by opening and closing as you select heat or ac.
The vacuum hose connects to the rear climate control panel at the heater switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,i dont have a rear heater control, just a fan Switch.I dont know if this line is an AC or a coolant line.and i still dont know where to connect the vacuum