Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 6.0. The third brake

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 6.0. The third brake light comes on when the key is on. The other brake lights work when they are supposed to and only when they are supposed to work. My husband noticed the door dinger isn't working either, but not sure
if they are connected. Tested the wires for positive and ground and thought it was at the fuse box at drivers door, replaced with a new box, but same problem. We have also had to replace the tail light/brake light board a couple times. Is there a fix for this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Triston, I see you started to post but i only got an S instead of a full response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.
Give about 10min I'll be back. I been having technical difficulties. Thanks
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.
before we start I need to know if the problem is the actuator 3rd stop lamp coming on or is it the cargo lamp on the 3rd lamp. if its the actual stop lamp, remove fuse labeled VEH CHMSL and let me know if the lights stay on. if its the cargo lamps remove the 3rd lamp, unplug the connector and let me know if you have 12v or 0volts on the blue/white wire. thanks