GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I am having several problems with my Tahoe 4x4, variuos

Customer Question

I am having several problems with my Tahoe 4x4, variuos error messages appear on the display:
"Stabilitrack Disabled", "Service Stabilitrak" , "Service traction control" and ocassionally the Check Engine and/or ABS lights turn on and, te ABS works,almost every time the brakes are applied.
We checked the brake sensors and all seem to be in good shape
If you can give me an idea of what could be the problem and how to solve it, I will really appreciate
Cheers
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please? IF this happens when you apply the brake pedal normally then I am wondering if you have an intermittent issue with the brake switch itself, or something in the ABS module and valve assembly. Without codes, as I am sure you have found, getting answers that are valid is difficult. What I would like to suggest is this. Rather than spending large money at a shop, lets consider looking at an aftermarket device to read codes. Many in stores do not read all the codes, only engine codes. I have found a device, called a Bluedriver by lemur monitors that is about 100$ and can be bought on amazon. Then it connects to your smart phone and will read everything from 1995 to current in all manufacturers that I have found. It may be worth the money to have this in your glove box to help avoid the shop. Then when you get the exact codes we can continue diagnosing your issue on this thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the mechanics and they scanned the vehicle but, at that time, they did noy find errors but still checked sensors and, replaced brake pads. By the way the error messages lights on with not a particular criteria: they can appear while you are driving. The ABS activates almost every time yu applie brakes

I had a though, there are known issues with wiring under the dash. Do you have any wires rubbing on the brake pedal? Adjustable brake motor or anywhere? Back of the parking brake pedal assembly?

And abs activating, you mean the pedal pulsates like your on a slippery surface? If so that is a weak signal from one of the front abs sensors. Which one is the pain. Look for a loose wheel hub to see if there is play. If none then replace one front wheel speed sensor and if that does not change it, take the sensor you removed and install it on the other side.