K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

94 chev G20 leaks water into the fuse box under the dash.

Customer Question

94 chev G20 leaks water into the fuse box under the dash. Other than the windshield leaking what are some other areas to look at?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

It's possible you have a rust hole on the inside of the cowl. To inspect it you'll need to remove the wiper arms and screws holding the cowl vent and the vent. It's not uncommon for debris to build up in there and hold water causing it to rust through.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to buy a torx bit to get it off but everything is clean and shiny in there. I did a pitcher test after that and no leaks into the cab/fuse box. I realized later I could have just done the pitcher test and not taken it apart.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Let me open this back up to see if any other experts have any thoughts. Someone should be with you shortly.