Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

My 1994 pick up light abs stays on. New brakes installed

Customer Question

My 1994 pick up light abs stays on. New brakes installed front and rear last week. Brakes are great. Just below master cylinder is alum module and 2 bleed valves which I believe are for the abs. My wife held the brake pedal down with engine running and i opened bleed valve but no brake fluid came out. Opened other bleed screw same result.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that I can't give any diagrams or instructions over the phone.

.

You actually need a scan tool to bleed it correctly. If the pedal is good, don't try to bleed it anymore.

You will want to have the trouble codes read to see what area the problem is in. The ABS light will come on when there is a problem with the ABS system and the brakes will operate like non-ABS brakes.

.

There were a few recalls on them back then but you wouldn't be covered at this time.

.

You may also want to clear the codes and see if the light comes back on.