GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a crank no start condition on a 2006 Duramax lbz

Customer Question

I have a crank no start condition on a 2006 Duramax lbz motor. The truck has not run in 3 months. I had to replace Injector #7, 20 min after I got the truck back it died. The tech told me the injection pump died after he tested it. I bought a new one and just finished buttoning up the motor and it will crank no start. Please help very frustrated
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Was there any debris in the fuel lines or fuel rail after replacing the parts? These were bad for a series of failed injection pumps, specifically a ceramic part inside failed and caused debris and that debris plugs up the fuel rails. so at this moment, how much have you tried pumping it after the replacement? This may take ALOT Of pumping to refill the lines as well as purge the air out of the high pressure lines.

If you can, please remove the fuel pressure relief valve on the back end of the drivers side fuel rail and see if there is any debris in there.