Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 04 chevy tahoe 4.8 and out of the blue it won't

Customer Question

I have a 04 chevy tahoe 4.8 and out of the blue it won't start. I checked the fuel end buy spraying it with starting fluid and it wants to fire up so I replaced the fuel filter and it started right up! Three days later it's not firing up again? Fuel rail is reading 55 psi so it's not the pump. After taking out the pump and checking it for good measure by simply hooking it back up it started and ran for another 2 days and same thing is happening again. No engine light is on and it says there is no codes saved on obdII
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wrote that I replaced fuel filter but I ment to say fuel pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While I am waiting for an answer I have disconnected the negative on my battery as I did previously on my repair attempts hopping that this will reset something and it will start as it did when I inspected the pump. Because I did nothing but inspect the pump and put it back in and it started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Do you have a security light?

Did you replace the connector for the pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a security light yes. As far as the connector for the pump yes I believe? Because the new pump came with two new connectors. However; I didn't replace the connector on the truck side (the wires coming from the front that connect to the pump) that would require cutting off the existing plugs and rewiring with new ones? There are two plugs attached to my fuel pump.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The connector on truck side is a common problem.

Try a theft learn (attached) and lets go from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have a passlock cylinder and my sacurity light comes on when key is turned but goes out within 3 seconds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must add that I did replace the cylinder with a new one when this problem first happened. It has started with the new cylinder and I have done a relearn on this. It started and ran my truck for two days without a flaw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FYI I am on the side of the highway in a parking spot with very little tools
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also when I did hook up a obd reader it said that there where no saved codes and no history of any codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? This didn't help? Are you done? I'm not satisfied if you are! Please con
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The connector for the fuel pump on the truck side is a common problem