Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

The 2000 chevy tracker will start and run the will stop

Customer Question

The 2000 chevy tracker will start and run the will stop running and I must wait till the engine cools , which usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes. It will then start and run until it gets hot. I need to fix this problem asas
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does the engine light stay on?do you get any codes?

from the way you explain the problem,it sounds as if you may have a bad crank sensor,,these crank sensors will do this with heat when they go bad,and,most times not give a code for it..when the problem is intermediate like this,testing the sensor may not help,you will need to replace it

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdp2f07vgw9bmj8/0823-chevy-tracker-Locations%20View.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/fdp2f07vgw9bmj8/0823-chevy-tracker-Locations%20View.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help