Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My 07 SS won't start the lights come on but it doesn't turn

Customer Question

My 07 Monte Carlo SS won't start the lights come on but it doesn't turn over and something is clicking after I turn the key
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dashboard also was saying battery saving mode on
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This points toward a failed battery. Monitor battery voltage while trying to start, if it drops below 11v then replace the battery. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The employee from autozone said that it must be the starter because the battery is good and its clicking after you try to start it up
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I would still recommend testing the battery, the autozone employees are often wrong and testing battery is a easy/free place to start. Let me know how it goes, thanks.